Wednesday 16 April 2014

Portfolio - Self Directed

SELF DIRECTED

Personal Directed 

"Glitches & Memories over Time"

Childhood memories and other moments are life are hard to remember without some sort of photo graphical or video evidence. Without that technology we are left with a vivid image in our minds of some of the greatest moments of life. When looking bad at images of myself from when I was young, I find it hard to remember that actual moment in time and I'm left questioning myself about the image. How old was I? What was the weather like? What was I thinking? In my work I wanted to show what was going on in my mind, a sense of confusion and distorted images. I'm showing what I feel about the memories and that is me not remembering them as much as I would like to. The picture is clear but the memory is not and that's what I want to show. I decided that glitching is a good way of showing a simple distortion. After looking at the artist Aldo Tolio I discovered that paper folding was also a good way of distorting the image. Other then simply looking at old moments, I wanted to show an example of time and how we get older and we forget these images. I decided to photograph the hands of members in my family, ages ranging from 4 to 49. An interesting artist John Coplans inspired this idea.


Images of Work





















No comments:

Post a Comment