Thursday 15 May 2014

Portfolio - Drawing

DRAWING

Personal Statement

"Illustrations, Life & Decay of Flowers"

When looking at flowers I see them as beautiful delicate pieces of art that nature has created. Whether they have just bloomed or partially decaying they still have a lot of detail within them and that is what I want to show in my work. As intricate as possible using as less media as possible so that too much isn't going on within the drawings. I decided to use very fine fine  liners, watercolours and a little bit of material in my work to show the different stages of flowers from life to decay. Experimenting firstly with other materials such as ink, biro etc. I decided to take a look at Michael Landy's work as is was quite similar to what I wanted to produce. With my drawings, I wanted to create them in a somewhat surrealist and illustration way using a lot of lines and different sized pens. Showing alot of detail in a simple way is what I want to show.


Images of Work

















No comments:

Post a Comment